Friday, May 23, 2014

Shoot Day 2: hit the ground running

Today was the first day with the full crew, and for many of them it was the first day they had met. We also started the day with a location that we had very limited access to in terms of time. So it was a pretty big challenge. I'll admit it was a little rough at the start. But once we found our speed the day went very well. We ended up finishing early.

All things being equal I would have preferred to have more time at that first location, or else do the location with the time crunch later in the shoot so that the crew was more used to working with each other. By the end of the 8 days of shooting we'll be a well oiled machine and probably could have eked out a few more takes in that amount of time. The thing is though, I liked the footage we got. I didn't leave feeling like "If only..." I would have shot more, but I don't feel like I needed to shoot more. Ask me about it again once I start editing, I suppose.



Unloading the van at the start of the day.

Our first setup.

Paige Friedman in her tour guide costume.

Chatting with Paige in Sarah's home office.


No comments:

Post a Comment