Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shoot Day 3: Ups and downs and ending high

A year from now, a month from now, maybe even a week from now I won't remember the chaos of today, I will only remember the fun and the good footage. If I were a person prone to freaking out today probably would have been a bad day. It started with getting a flat tire on my way to pick up our out of town actress. Then as I was on the phone with the producer confirming that we were finally on our way I got the news that the building we were shooting in is under construction and the classroom we were assigned apparently doesn't exist any more. At one point we had too many lights plugged in and because it's a holiday it took quite a bit of time to find someone who could unlock the fuse box.

The thing is all of these problems are surmountable. Fortunately, I am well versed in how to put on a spare tire, so we only lost about 20 minutes getting to set. We simply moved the walk and talk to a hallway that wasn't under construction, and the classroom to one further down the hall that was open. And eventually we did find a maintenance guy to fix our fuse problem. Our lighting crew is unlikely to ever make that mistake again. And at the end of the day we still wrapped early. So really, none of it matters.

What matters is the moment I expect I will remember most about today: watching my actors perform and feeling really giddy about how well they were all clicking. Then one of them caught me with my "I'm so excited" smile and just laughed. It really was a good day.



It's pretty clear I ran over a nail. What are you going to do? Just jack it up and replace it.

On a good day that hallway runs almost the length of a full city block. Fortunately the basement wasn't under construction, only the top few floors.

The most boring lecture.


The day three team includes all of the crew and all of the cast from the school half of the story.
Left to right: Forest, Scully, Yahana, Sara, Aaron, Janice, Kris, Dan, Shubhra, Paige, Kevin, Angela, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment