Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shoot Day 6: Rain

Well, it was bound to happen. Now that the cast and crew has really hit our rhythm and can get up and shooting quickly and efficiently it rained. It's very frustrating because over the weekend it was 0-10% chance of rain on any evening this week. And then today suddenly it's 60%. And really, this evening, it was 100%, just a solid block of rain. We did get the afternoon scene done when it was merely cold rather than wet. And we managed the two short scenes in moments of drizzle rather than downpour.

I would like to say how much I love Paige who was such a trooper and never once complained even though she was cold and damp most of the night.

So we'll squeeze in an extra scene tomorrow night. And everyone has agreed that if we have to run a bit over time they're ok with it. So as long as we don't get multiple nights of rain we'll still be all right. Early on when we were securing the location they guys asked us if we could maybe do it in 3 rather than 4 nights. And I said we probably could squeeze it into 3, but that doesn't leave us any room for weather problems.* If we give ourselves 4 it won't be unrecoverable to have a patch of bad weather. Glad I held my ground on that.



Keeping the lights dry, or at least dry-ish.

Rain
* And then the next morning I had a meeting with them for the film I'm producing next month and they asked me how it was going at this location. I said the location is gorgeous if only it would stop raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment